A missing tooth can lead to potential problems if not treated.
- Drifting and shifting of the neighboring teeth causing an unbalanced bite.
- Increased biting stress on other teeth.
- Bone recession in the area of the missing tooth.
- The gap between teeth widens, thereby compromising the esthetic effect.
- Losing your natural smile.
How can a missing tooth be replaced?
It is an artificial tooth root, made of titanium metal. Dentist places it into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. It is a permanent fixture in your mouth that has excellent long-term success.
It also provides more advanced options for replacing a missing tooth than conventional removable partial denture or a fixed bridge.
It helps to preserve healthy teeth and eliminate the risk of dental decay.
Benefits of an Implant
- “Keeps a one tooth problem a one tooth problem”
- Replaces one or more teeth without affecting neighboring teeth
- A long lasting solution
- Helps to prevent bone recession
- Eliminates the risk of dental decay
- Improves your speech, overall self-image and increases your ability to eat an array of foods
- Missing tooth (Posterior)